Our Church was founded in 1933 in downtown Stockton, California as the Filipino Lighthouse Mission and later moved to Center Street as Stockton Full Gospel Center for about ten years. In 1947, we relocated to 525 West Seventh Street - as Bethany Temple, the church built by the hands of it members. Years later in 1996, we progressed to our current location as "Bethany Christian Center" at 798 West Third Street. Bethany Christian Center is a legacy of love that our founding fathers began for us and one in which we continue to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Bethany Christian Center reaches out to whosoever as the gospel of John tells us about God's love and salvation for all people. We are a family-oriented community of faith with a vibrant ministry to meet the spiritual needs of all ages. Our desire is to build a relationship with God, the community of believers and you; and then reach out to the world in need of a Savior. From our passionate worship services, to our in-depth bible studies, exciting special events and warm fellowship; we prayerfully hope you will come and be a part of our story!
oUR Mission Statement
"Love God, Love Others."
"Living The Life"
- To show our devotion to God through our worship.
- To teach biblically and apply the Bible to our lives.
- To express our hearts to God through prayer.
- To serve, using our natural and spiritual gifts.
- To equip believers so they may grow in The Life.
- To have a heart after God and a passion to reach the lost.
oUR Core Values
What You Can Expect From Us
- Parking is available in the west or east parking lots, or curbside in front of the church.
Overflow parking across the street.
- As you enter our church, greeters will welcome you and usher you into the sanctuary for morning service. For your children, ages infant to 11 years, nursery care and children’s ministry are available.
For your peace of mind, we believe your children are a treasure and we want you to know that we safeguard their security.
- During the service you will have the opportunity to experience a time of uplifting worship, then listen to a sound biblical message that is life applicable.
- We do practice tithing (monetary offering) but as our guest, you are not obligated to give.
- At the conclusion of our service, our senior pastor will remain at the front of the sanctuary to greet you and answer any questions you may have.